Submission Guidelines for Guest Contributions
Thanks for your interest in contributing to SkipMcGrath.com. This site has been helping online sellers since 1999. We provide tips, news and learning materials for online sellers of all levels. Our newsletter, The eBay and Amazon Seller’s News, goes out to more than 30,000 readers twice a month.
We’re always interested in receiving well-written, unique posts from a variety of standpoints. We offer two ways for guest writers to contribute:
- Newsletter Articles
- Blog Posts
While most of our content deals with selling on eBay or Amazon, we’re also open to contributions that focus on other aspects of online selling or business including, but not limited to:
- tips on running a small business
- time management
- website development
We do not offer compensation for contributions.
Before submitting your post idea for consideration, please note the following guidelines:
- The post should not be a sales piece for a product or service although you can put a sentence at the end of the post that says what you do with a link to your site.
- Submission of your guest post idea does not guarantee publication.
- Posts must be high-quality, original content that has not been published anywhere else.
- If we accept your idea, you agree to not publish the post anywhere else (i.e., in your own blog or as a guest post in other blogs)
How to Submit Your Guest Post Idea
- Send us an email with your idea. (see the below form) Please don’t send any full posts, we won’t read them.
- Wait for us to approve your idea. We’ll be in touch with you within three weeks if your idea is a good match for the site. Due to the volume of requests, we are not able to respond to every form submission.
- If we approve your idea, write your post and send it back. Refer to the above to see what your post needs to look like.
- Make any requested revisions. Sometimes posts go through 2-3 rounds of revisions. Don’t worry. This is normal. We also reserve the right to go through and make our own edits.