Learn how to sell on Amazon from Skip McGrath Follow Skip on Facebook
The Complete Amazon Marketing System

Don’t Miss a Single Post

Fill out this form to be notified of new blog posts.

Resources at Amazon

Why to Register as a Professional Seller

October 26th, 2018 by Skip McGrath

Why to Register as a Professional Seller

Why to Register as a Professional Seller – There are several reasons to do this:

1. For individual sellers, Amazon charges you 15% Selling commission plus 99¢ per sale. The fee to become a professional seller is $39.95 per month, but as a Pro Seller you are only charged 15% –and not the extra 99¢. Therefore, if you sell 40 items per month or more, you will save money on fees. (Unless you plan to make at least 40 sales per month -you should not be wasting your time selling on Amazon).
  2. Professional Sellers are allowed to create listings for products that are not currently being sold on Amazon. You can also create product bundles, (Creating your own listings will help you reach those 40 sales per month more quickly).
  3. Amazon has several restricted categories. You must apply to sell in these –clothing, shoes, jewelry and auto accessories are just a few. You must be a Pro Seller to apply to sell in these categories.
  4. Pro Sellers can Manage inventory using feeds, spreadsheets, and reports
  5. Pro Sellers can take advantage of Promotions, gift services, and other special listing features
  6. Here is the most important one: Only Professional Sellers are eligible for listing placement in the Buy Box. This is critical because over 78% of all Amazon sales originate in the buy box.

Comments

Comment from William
Time October 26, 2018 at 7:34 pm

Hi Skip,
I sell on Amazon as a used book seller. Of course following your advice from your book.
I don’t sell between 6 to 8 books a month and that is on very good months, but my profits are at least 500 to 1000%.

I don’t think that signing up for a professional seller is good for my small biz, but if I left Amazon, I would lose out on a lot of book sales too.

Comment from Skip McGrath
Time October 26, 2018 at 9:56 pm

I think the other reasons are more important than the money you save if you sell more than 40 items.
Skip

Comment from Gary
Time October 27, 2018 at 8:16 am

Hi, I am Amazon DBA Pro Seller and I sell used books and my Monthly Sales average is $ 1500.00 plus. I also sell books on eBay for an average monthly sales of $400.00 plus. So as Pro Seller I do well and it is Fun!

Comment from Thomas
Time October 26, 2018 at 7:43 pm

Skip, did you mean to write, if you aren’t selling at least 40 items per month, you should not be wasting your time or money as a professional seller? I sell on Amazon as an adjunct to my main business. I have never approached 40 sales in a month, yet Amazon is considered a valuable and profitable market-place for us.

Comment from Skip McGrath
Time October 26, 2018 at 9:55 pm

Skip

Comment from Ismaeel
Time October 29, 2018 at 8:14 am

Hi, is there any difference of being eligible for the buybox if your are doing FBA and you are not a pro seller and doing FBA and you are a pro seller? I heard that you you get the buy box in both cases. Is this correct?

Comment from Skip McGrath
Time October 29, 2018 at 4:24 pm

The truth is I am not sure about that. When I read the current standards it says you have to be a Pro seller to win the buy box –but there may be an exception for FBA sellers –I just can’t find it.

Comment from Kevin
Time October 29, 2018 at 9:21 am

There’s another reason. If you want to run special developer’s software (scanning tools) on the backend of your account, only a professional account will allow this.

Comment from Skip McGrath
Time October 29, 2018 at 4:21 pm

GREAT POINT! – I had forgotten about that.
Skip

iDrive Cloud Backup

Mailers USA

Terapeak

Skip's Newsletter

Own Your eBay Traffic

Complete ebay Marketing System

Niche Markets

Wholesale Buying System

Cleer Platinum

eBay Consignment Business

Site Build It!

eBay Tools and Resources | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Guest Contributions | Shipping & Return Policies

Home | Training | Free Articles | Tools & Resources | Web Wholesale SearchTestimonialsBlog