Easy and Cheap international shipping with eBay’s new Global Shipping Program
January 24th, 2013 by Skip McGrath
If you’re like most sellers, shipping internationally can be a lot of work and expensive for your buyers. There are customs forms you have to deal with, import charges that your buyers never want to pay for, and expensive shipping costs. Shipping internationally is definitely not easy, but the international market is huge and there are a lot of buyers willing to buy from the USA.
Well the good news is eBay has rolled out their new “Global shipping Program”. The program is currently a pilot program (Beta) and is expected to fully roll out later this year.
Here’s a video with a brief overview of the program and how it works.
The main benefits of opting into eBay’s Global Shipping Program are:
1. Cheaper shipping costs for your buyers because eBay consolidates shipments and ships in bulk
2. eBay takes care of all the custom forms
3. Buyer is aware of the import costs up front
4. Buyer pays for all import costs at checkout so you don’t have to worry about the buyer refusing packages due to expensive duties and taxes
5. Tracking is provided to your buyers
6. Sellers have seen a large increase as much as 20% due to opening up their products to the international market
eBay itself isn’t the one handling the logistics of the program. They hired a 3rd party logistics provider (Pitney Bowes) to handle all of their international shipments. Sellers are required to ship their packages to a distribution center in Kentucky and then your shipments are sorted and distributed to their proper destinations.
If you’re looking to expand your international business the global shipping program might be for you.
Learn how to build and run a professional eBay business
with The Complete eBay Marketing System.
Posted: January 24th, 2013 under Uncategorized.