Make Money With Affiliate Marketing
December 26th, 2009 by Skip McGrath
This one almost slipped by me. I just noticed that the Affiliate Summit 2010 will be held in Las Vegas in a few weeks. The event is being held at the Rio Suites and Hotel from January 17-19, 2010. If you have ever wanted to learn how to make money with affiliate marketing then this is the event to attend. Here is a link to Affiliate Summit 2010. It’s not cheap at $549, but that is an excellent investment if you want to make money with affiliate marketing. They have tons of educational seminars, over 200 exhibitors and you can network with hundreds of successful affiliate marketers.
Five other ways to make money with affiliate marketing
Everyone thinks you need a massive mailing list or a high traffic web site to make money with affiliate marketing, but in fact those are only two of the ways to do this. Here are five additional ways to make money with affiliate marketing:
- Start a blog. Once you start blogging, it is very easy to build an opt-in mailing list that you can also use to boost your affiliate income.
- Another way to make money with affiliate marketing is to set up small niche websites that are optimized for one specific keyword or keyword phrase. For example, if you were an affiliate of Legal Zoom you could set up a web site targeted to the keyword phrase Start a home business. And then you put banners and affiliate links from Legal Zoom online incorporation service. Or you could become an affiliate of Carbonite and set up a website optimized for the term “online computer backup.”
- Social marketing is not only hot –it is one of the fastest growing ways to make money with affiliate marketing. I now have almost 10,000 people following me on Twitter. It took me about 6 months to build that up. But now I can send out a single tweet with an affiliate link and make several hundred dollars from just that one tweet.
- You can even use eBay and Craigslist classified ads to make money with affiliate marketing. A good book on Craigslist is The Official Geezer Guide to Making Money with Craigslist.
- Lastly there are people who do nothing more than comment on blog posts and add their affiliate link to the post. This is a lot of work –but it does work as long as your posts get approved. The way to that is to write good comments that help people –then the blogger doesn’t mind if you plug your affiliate link.
So there are a total of 7 ways to make money with affiliate marketing
The first two were the obvious ones and 5 more that almost anyone can do. After I get back from the affiliate summit I should have a few more ways to do this and I will let you know then.
Cheers and a Happy New Year to all of my loyal readers,
If you can’t attend the summit, The Affiliate Code by super-affiliate Michael Jones
is one of the best and most affordable affiliate marketing training courses.
Posted: December 26th, 2009 under Affiliate Marketing.